World Record: Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay once bubbled...
That's pretty disgusting...
Not as disgusting as the picture... which is floating in the Ether somewhere...

It probably won't be long before someone posts the link as even mentioning the WH evokes images that cannot be supressed in those who have had their delicated senses assaulted by it.

What's a little discomfort for someone who will be in the water for 9 days? Get the model with the enema feature, and you'll be squeeky clean.:D :D :D Hey SeaJay, good luck, I just couldn't resist commenting, though.

I think you're nuts....I've spent a lot of time in a pool and other sources of water....if you can keep yoursefl entertained, I guess it wouldn't be too bad....

But I'm a big guy...I gots to eat...if you go for it....Best of Luck.

SeaJay once bubbled...
Okay, y'all... I'd like to share something with you guys. Five thousand brains are probably better than one, so I'd like to run this past you.

There is your first mistake... You got any idea what kinda deranged stuff some of us could come up with :confused:

And regarding your live webcam, just make sure you are on commercial break whenever it's time for the WHM!

Ick!

(See? There goes deranged stuff already!)

I'm definitely going for this record... I just don't know all of the particulars yet, like what, exactly, the record will be by the time I get to breaking it. :D I also don't know when.

In fact, I've already got my mind set on another, much riskier record... But first I have to hit this one. Breaking this record won't be the "goal." That's just a step to the goal.

The real goal I'm still munching on... And when I get things a little more solid, then I'll let y'all know what it is. In the meantime, I don't think I have a chance of being taken seriously unless I've already got one record.

No matter... The point is to focus on this first step. I'm finding out that this will be even simpler than I thought it would be.

Should give me lots and lots of time to practice DIR maneuvers, eh? LOL!

... I imagine if you go on a liquid diet early enough, you'll be able to survive with just the pee valve... but I could be wrong.

Now the big question is if you can do the whole thing neutral.... none of that sleeping on the bottom crap!

I am wondering if this is an attempt to just make a name for yourself, being a new diver it is a record that requires no other skill than patience.

As for the hookah. Well that would contradict S.C.U.B.A. SELF CONTAINED underwater breathing apparatus

As for wearing doubles or triples. Considering fatigue I would suggest wearing no more than your thermal protection, possibly a semi dry suit so you can take it on and off as needed. And as for tanks how about 40's something light

You could use a block on your full-face mask and switch out tanks as needed. I would say not to have the tank on your back

I would like to take this oportunity to anounce a personal goal for a world record that I would like to attempt. Two things have combined to give me the desire for this goal. One is the long hours that I have worked for the last several years and the other is my love of cave diving.

The record...I would like to attempt the record for the most days of consecutive Florida cave diving while doing absolutely no useful work (other than patching up beatup gear). Additional (self-imposed) hardships will include no getting out of bed before 10 am and consuming nothing but the finest food and drink. the logistics and discipline required here is staggering since the local stores don't have what I need and everything will need to be shipped in. A lesser man might be tempted to settle for something more convenient. I will also commit to doing no less that two great cave dives per day no matter how tiered of it I get.

Please PM me if you think you would be able to assist me in this project. I will need lots of gas including several truck loads of He and a like amount of O2, lodging, money, someone to run the store, sherpa gear and take my place at work. It is also critical that someone manage the logistics of shipping proper food and beverage from Chicago, Neworleans and the north east.

Sorry SeaJay, I couldn't help myself.

A cooler stocked full of beer..or for that matter, a hi-jacked delivery truck with a thermo-king to keep it cold all day long...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom