World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
the problem with the Moldovians is that they are used to playing in mountains, with
a live goat as a ball... once they start playing in flat terrain with a real ball ... they
just fall to pieces

hey, Cuba is in 96th place ... not bad for a team that hasn't won a game in, like,
six years?
Has anyone ever been to Moldova?
I don't know, for some reason the name reminds me of that country that Belky from "Perfect Strangers" was supposedly from....

Anyone remember that show??

Hijack in progress :D!

yeah.. i remember it

it is sort of like that ... a country in the middle of nowhere and the poorest country
in Europe, rolled into one

H2Andy:
yeah.. i remember it

it is sort of like that ... a country in the middle of nowhere and the poorest country
in Europe, rolled into one

Yah and if I remember it had a Greek sounding name........

Isn't Moldova where the prince was from that was supposed to marry the Carrington daughter in Dynasty?

ScubaTexan:
Isn't Moldova where the prince was from that was supposed to marry the Carrington daughter in Dynasty?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:rofl2: :rofl2:

Ok now this thread has really hit rock bottom :wink: :D

ooops... that's the one i meant to cut and paste

OMG.......look at the depths you guys are decending to now that the football is finished.......isn't there table tennis or something that Jamaica or Cuba are good at? :D

Wow, my memories of the show are so vivid and I was a wee tot at the time..

Perfect strangers:
Mypos is the fictional island country in which Balki Bartokomous is from. It has some customs which are unusual by American standards. In one episode Balki wears a traditional necklace that is in the shape of the island, which looks exactly like a pork chop. Cuisine includes:
  • halkidiki: a Myposian travel food which consists of milk, eggs, flour, honey, and goat spleen set out at room temperature until it gets that "little green fur" (as Balki described it).
  • booglie muzacman: pig bladder stuffed with cheese.
  • bibbibabka: A Myposian delicacy which must be prepared very carefully or it will explode. As Balki puts it, "The bibbibka... goes blooey."
Customs include a bed time: in the middle of the day, someone rings a bell, and each person lays down to take a nap wherever they happen to be. On Mypos when it is a person's birthday, the person whose birthday it is gives presents to other people.
The king of Mypos was King Ferdinand, who was king until 1991. It is not known when he became king, but it was prior to 1986. After King Ferdinand died in 1991, the queen of Mypos was Queen Cookie.
From the episode "The Lottery", if Balki won the jackpot he would pay off the Mypos national debt of $635.
Other than during the opening credits when Balki waved goodbye, Mypos was only shown in one episode "Citizenship" in Season 7. Including convincing the travel agent that there was such a country, Larry traveled there to convince Balki's mother that her son, who became a U.S. citizen, is happier, back in Chicago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom