"Workout" Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NineGill

Reaction score
This might seem like a strange request, but I'm looking for some new fins to use for pool workouts and the occasional warm water dive.

I'm getting tired of having to rinse my boots after swimming at the Y, so I'm thinking full foot/bootless fins would be nice. They'll be abused regularly in chlorinated water, so relatively cheap and comfy would be nice. I swim much faster in the pool than I do while diving and drag isn't a concern, so they don't have to be the newest super-cool ultra-efficient design; but I might use them once a year or so for vacation, warm water diving.

I was looking at the Zeagle Teleoz ($60), and the Mares Volo Race ($60). Any thought on theses? Other candidates?

Split fins: Oceanic Vortex V6
Paddle fins: Technisub (Aqualung) Stratos FP

I use Volo Race for teaching in the pool and find them to be a very able fin. They are very light, with good manuverablity and don't require a lot of force to move through the water. I definately would recommend them.

Thanks for the opinions!

Those Force Fins sure look funky. Can they be converted somehow to be low resistance for diving?

Any particular features on the Oceanic Vortx V6 and Technisub Stratos FP? Couldn't find either on LeisurePro, ScubaToys or DiveBooty.

I see one vote for Volo Race. Just curious - the open heel Volo looks very similar to the Dacor Tiger and the Sherwood Kenesis. Are they made by the same company?

Anyone tried the Zeagle Teleoz fins yet?

I don't think those specific fins can be converted, but there are other models that can be used for diving.

I have the "Force Fin Pro" models... they work great for diving, though I'm not sure how good they would be for swimming. They are small in comparison to most fins, but certainly not pocket size. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom