working visa for non paid work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
hi, i am a little bit confused and was wondering if you could help?

i have been offered a years scuba diving internship. in return for free accomodation, free course fees and free diving i will be working in the dive centre 6 days a week.

so i am doing it for the experience of working in the dive centre and wont be recieving any pay.

as it is for a year obviously the 90 day tourist visa wont cover me.

do i need to apply for a working visa?

ive tried contacting the consulate in London but no one picks the phone up??!!

if it is a working visa do i need the medical report, radiological report and police checks?

thanks guys

Seems as though the dive shop should help you with this information.

What country are you considering? The country you are visiting is the one that determines the rules for immigration/permit issues.

Wiki: "The country issuing the visa typically attaches various conditions to the visa, such as the time that the visa is valid, the period that the person may stay in the country, whether the visa is valid for more than one visit, etc."

i will be staying an hour away from durban. i was just looking for some advice from people who had been through the process before or have knowledge about it.

i would just speak to the people at the south african consulate in london on the phone, but they dont answer it..

i just want to check this is the correct form. also do i have fill out the seperate forms for medical and radiological tests..

http://www.southafricahouse.com/BI 1738_TRP FORM.pdf

its £125 pounds processing fee so i just want to make sure.

thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom