Working on my Bali itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leejnd, you are making me nervous about booking for my trip in August! I have decided on a dive safari I believe, because you get transfered to many places in Bali, and get to see a lot of the places, as well as dive them. Then spend some time in Ubud doing day trips. Have you looked into the safaris? I am doing sereya, puri jati, and altough I have heard some negative things lately, secret bay. Yes, I wanna do some muck diving.

I wouldn't worry too much about not having things booked. Things are not exactly hopping over in Bali these days in terms of tourism. Still...you may want to get moving, as August is not that far off!

I tend to research my trips to death, and often start working on them a full year in advance. That's why I have mine already mostly planned out.

I didn't look into dive safaris, mainly because I'll have my Mom with me and I wanted to make sure that there is always plenty to keep her occupied and interested as well. With the plans I have in place right now, I think I've accomplished that.

have a nice trip, I wlll let you know how mine went after I get back.

CaseyLary, did you enjoy Bali in general? It's been nearly 15 years since I was last there. We are trying to arrange something for travel there in late July and August, maybe towards Komodo, or if things work out I'd like to get to Ambon/Banda but I don't count on it. Would love to hear more about your experiences there.

Leejnd:
I wouldn't worry too much about not having things booked. Things are not exactly hopping over in Bali these days in terms of tourism. Still...you may want to get moving, as August is not that far off!

snip

Actually, things are happening more so now than before the bombings. I am shocked how well business is doing in some parts of Bali. The Seminyak and Ubud areas are particularly full of people right now. I have never (in 3 years) had to wait to get a table at La Lucciola (Seminyak), and have had a wait twice in the last month. The Tuban/Kuta area is less congested, which is odd considering that used to be the most crowded area. However, this doesn't impact me because I do not care for this area at all and tend to avoid it.

August also happens to be the "high" season, so to the poster who is going in August- I wouldn't put off making reservations if you want to stay some place particular.

LeeAnn... good choice on Tegal Sari. The deluxe rooms are particularly nice and the service is great.

I hope you are bringing your own dive equipment, because while Mimpi is in a lovely location and can get you out to Menjangan, their equipment looks like crap and I would not want to trust my life with it.

PM me if you have any more questions.

Wow, I'm glad to hear that Bali is doing so well! I guess I should be happy that I've got my plans all laid out.

Yes, I'm bringing all of my gear except fins (jet fins - too heavy) and wetsuit (I've only got a full 7-mil). They are giving me a break on the dive package for not needing their equipment other than fins and shorty. I try to avoid renting scuba equipment -- I'm just not comfortable turning my life over to someone else's life-support equipment, y'know? :wink:

We did get a deluxe room at the Tegal Sari. I've heard so many good things about it, can't wait to see it!

Has anyone heard of Save-money-diving?
There prices look good for Lembeh but I'm leary since I haven't heard of them on any forums.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom