Working on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lisal

Reaction score
I'm going to work for Nautica on Grand Cayman, at the beginning of October. Anybody know anything about them? Any tips on places to look for accommodation, on-line classifieds maybe? My boyfriend will be joining me there so I don't want shared accommodation....
Any and all suggestions and tips welcome.
Thanks!

but not Nautica. Is that Nautica, as in clothing store. Wasn't aware they have a location here.

There is a Nautico Boat Services. They do boat repair.

There is Nautilus, which runs a semi-submersible boat for tourists to see the shallowest reefs.

The big newspaper is the Caymanian Compass. Unfortuantely they do not have an online edition. The smaller paper is Cayman Net News which does have an online edition. There are a few apartment listings, but many more places are available but unadvertised.

You can probably crash on someone's couch for a couple of days while you find accomodations. Housing is probably the last thing I'd worry about when making the move.

Hi Drew,
Thanks for your reply.
Whoops, not Nautica but Nautilus.
I suppose I don't have any specific questions, although any information from anyone would be welcome.
Would be fun to meet up when I get there..., my boyfriend knows someone down there but I don't know anyone....
This is a great website, being able to 'talk' to people who are there makes it much less daunting going somewhere you've never been before.
All the best, Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom