Working Liveaboards in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cerveza

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Im a Divemaster in southern spain and have been working in the dive industry for well over a year now, at the end of this year (fingers crossed) i will be MSDT (or IDC staff instructor, depends on how far i want to go) with several specialities,(yet to decide which ones but i have a good idea). As many of you know being DM is hard work for little financial reward, but the work itself is very enjoyable as well as sometimes draining, after all my course work is over and my fees paid to PADI for 2009 im wanting to take a year out doing what i love in a country i love (namely Thailand), My question is in two parts, after scrimping for what will then be going on for 3 years what kind of payments could i expect to receive for both liveaboard work or land based any info would be appreciated,thanks

that totally depends on who you work for, some inst / guides earn paupers wages and some do exceptionally well

25k THB upwards

Hi,

I never worked as a DM in Thailand but I was in one of the liveaboard ships last year. I learn from the Thai crew on the ship that the Australian DM (who also worked there) had 3 wives --> of course each of them didn't know that he had multiple wives because he spent most of the time on the ship. So here's my thought. If he can support 3 wives, the pay must not be that bad. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom