woody lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clive francis:
I keep seeing posts refering to woody lens but not much talk on what they actually are and where to get one, can anyone shed any light?

I got mine from Ryan at Reef. Here is the site where you can see it and get a better description.

I dig it for close up macro (uh, that was a dumb phrase) - but you know what I mean. I pop it onto the front of the 60mm port (I use Ike) and get about .25% more mag.

The challenge was fashioning a quick release system to keep it close, and be able to remove and stow it. Its unruly with that stupid wrist lanyard it comes with. I used to try to hang it onto one of the star nuts on a clamp. It took too long to do that and often required two hands.

I ended up putting a clip on it (the string is semi-positive and wound up in too many pics!) and I zip tied a ring to one the center of one of my arm clamps - so I can (with one hand) quickly remove and stow, remove and install, etc. throughout the dive. MUCH BETTER.

After you use it for a shot, remove it. The surge will pull it off. I've had a buddy on two occasions tap me on the shoulder and hand it back to me...

I love it.

---
Ken

You can get one direct from Woody himself!

Woody Mayhew, Nexus America <woody@nexusamerica.com>

7130 Royal Lane
Dallas, Texas 75230
214-368-3555

The Macromate is a very high quality product, but it is a lot more expensive!

anyway, I have used Woody's diopter and I did get some decent images. these external diopters work fairly well but using teleconverters and/or high quality diopters on the camera will produce a sharper image. But you lose the option of being able to remove it.

dsafanda:

Nevermind what I thought this meant.:D

fairybasslet:
Nevermind what I thought this meant.:D

Hehehe, naughty young lady :14:.

Never ignore your Woody!

I left him home one day and boy did I regret it :(

This, or similar, is a must have in my book for those systems that don't have something like the Inon wet mate lenses.

I have a very high tech way to attach it to my rig. I loop it around the mount on top of my housing (Woody goes through the attached lanyard) :D It can float in this position but you simply need to remember to swing it to the back and left where it rests happily against the left handle. Works for me anyway...

Back
Top Bottom