Unknown Woody From “Dive Talk” DCS and Medical Journey

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I asked around (got nothin’ but s*** here) and then asked them. The sit down was 2/10, I guess, but I hadn’t heard anything. Like I said, it doesn’t have to be a grand conspiracy. And yes, I have a name.

I asked around (got nothin’ but s*** here) and then asked them. The sit down was 2/10, I guess, but I hadn’t heard anything. Like I said, it doesn’t have to be a grand conspiracy. And yes, I have a name.

Wait, that was you? My apologies, I honestly thought that was a joke or a troll name. If in fact that is no BS that is epic. In the dive community, that is second only to the DUI guy :wink:

Wait, that was you? My apologies, I honestly thought that was a joke or a troll name. If in fact that is no BS that is epic. In the dive community, that is second only to the DUI guy :wink:
DUI? Diving Under the Influence? Sorry could not help myself! I dived their suits in the past....good gear.:cool:

Scuba has the worst brand names. DUI and XS spring to mind.

I said they were no obligation to do it, people were demanding answers base on the reader's timetable. I am not going to sue them if I don't get what I was promised. I thought they were meeting with DAN in February. This is called a reasonable expectation. I want to know if there has been an update.
I don't remember anyone else demanding, or threatening to sue either. Just statements about what the right thing to do would have been.

Didn’t you notice the sarcastic font?
Same font as all your other posts. I guess that explains them.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

People, please play nice. A few unkind posts have been deleted. Further name-calling or character attacks on fellow posters will earn a thread ban.

I got an "undeserved" type II DCS hit early last year in the Bahamas. I was near Nassau, so transport to the Hospital was fairly quick. The hospital would not accept my credit card (reason unknown, good credit history and allowable balance). At first it seemed like I was going to have my treatment delayed, but DAN finally sent a form saying they would pay. I was confused, scared, traveling solo, and did not know what to do until they sent that letter. DAN seems to paying all that my primary health insurance has not paid. I will always buy a stand alone health travel policy for any future travel. Unfortunately, I will not be able to return to diving due to persistent neurologic symptoms, but if I was able to dive again, I would look into stand alone dive insurance policies. Not because I think DAN insurance is bad, it just seems that being a secondary coverage can cause some delays in the moment of need. Once again, DAN insurance has been good about paying, and I am glad that I had it (those hyperbaric chamber rides are NOT cheap)!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to return to diving due to persistent neurologic symptoms
This is terrible, Doug. Beyond the payment issues, which happily worked out, any details of the dive and symptoms, if and when you're ready to talk about it, would be valuable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom