WOO HOO, TG7 announced!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what has changed since the TG-6 besides the model name? It shoots 4k30fps or 1080p @120fps which is underwhelming. I would have picked this up as a second camera to get started with macro videos since I currently shoot only wide. Alas the specs…

"Concerning video, the TG-7 records 4K/30p video and Full HD video at up to 120 frames per second."

Hmm the specs I saw on my phone earlier only showed 1080p. But even then 4k 30fps isn't great.

Just like the latest version of the OMD 5III, the OM1 5, hardly any difference. I don't get it.

The important question for me now, should I get the new GoPro 12 or the TG-7? Which is a more capable camera for U/W use? I need a second camera that can do video well, for novices, and is a good back up still photo camera for my housed camera.

So what has changed since the TG-6 besides the model name? It shoots 4k30fps or 1080p @120fps which is underwhelming. I would have picked this up as a second camera to get started with macro videos since I currently shoot only wide. Alas the specs…
they switched to USB-C

The lack of full manual is truly disappointing. I have two TG-5s that are showing the extreme wear I've put them through. Was waiting to update until the TG7 came out, assuming it would have full manual. Alas. USB-C is good at least, but not worth the MSRP of $550.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom