Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn’t count on it. Even if the containers with the PS2 got on a ship, they still will go into the west coast.
PS2 ???

how long have you been waiting ?

It’s turned into air freight-aggedon, too!

ORD (O’Hare) is more than a hot mess, it’s a cluster F.

Had a shipment come in Air France two weeks ago. They were unable to break the cookie sheets (aka the big air frt pallets) down themselves due to backlog. They had to transfer the cookiie sheets to a trucking company’s warehouse for breakdown. AF was incapable of doing it. I’ve been in the industry for a long time and I’ve never encountered THAT before.

I had a shipment arrive this afternoon via Delta. When I called DL to inquire about availability, the gal just laughed and told me to call in the morning.

New York/Newark is as bad as LA with the trucking situation. A customer’s container discharged 12/3 from the ship. It’s still not delivered.

So truckers are busy and making money or they aren't because they're staying home?

It's coincidental that you mentioned the seacans because we have a whole mess of them for sale here.

So truckers are busy and making money or they aren't because they're staying home?

It's coincidental that you mentioned the seacans because we have a whole mess of them for sale here.

First of all, there was already a bad driver shortage in the US. When the first lockdown happened in the spring, there were no moves for the truckers, so they went to other jobs. Food/grocery delivery got a lot of them, from what I read. When the cargo started coming in more in the summer/fall, these drivers didn’t go back to hauling containers.

Second, the amount of cargo coming in is staggering.

So high cargo volumes on top of driver shortage. It’s not fun.

First of all, there was already a bad driver shortage in the US. When the first lockdown happened in the spring, there were no moves for the truckers, so they went to other jobs. Food/grocery delivery got a lot of them, from what I read. When the cargo started coming in more in the summer/fall, these drivers didn’t go back to hauling containers.

Second, the amount of cargo coming in is staggering.

So high cargo volumes on top of driver shortage. It’s not fun.

Sounds like a business opportunity or two.

Where would you find the truck drivers that existing companies are also desperately searching for?
Maybe the opportunity is to be the middleman negotiating fees or to have a bidding system ?

Uber trucks :)

Where would you find the truck drivers that existing companies are also desperately searching for?
When my industry complains about a labor shortage, I mentally add on the phrase “at current pay and working conditions”...

Many years ago my friends complained that they couldn’t get a good babysitter for their 4 kids even though they paid $10/hr. They asked my wife what our secret was, since we seemed to be more successful. She replied $20/hr for 2 kids.

When my industry complains about a labor shortage, I mentally add on the phrase “at current pay and working conditions”...

Many years ago my friends complained that they couldn’t get a good babysitter for their 4 kids even though they paid $10/hr. They asked my wife what our secret was, since we seemed to be more successful. She replied $20/hr for 2 kids.
The point where supply meets demand is the real market price

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom