Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People are hoarding simple snow shovels to sell on Ebay. Prices are starting at $50 for a simple $12 plastic shovel and it's going to go wild at the 1st tiny snow fall in a couple of weeks. Shop early, this holiday season is going to be NUTS!!

I just heard Jen Psaki say that Joe has been working on the supply chain problem for months! Well that splanes why it hasn't gotten better.

I just heard Jen Psaki say that Joe has been working on the supply chain problem for months! Well that splanes why it hasn't gotten better.

OMG, this sounds like a political statement, it doesn't belong here. I am going to report you!!!

:yeahbaby:
:rofl3:

The Economist recently reported that the average world price of shipment of a standard 40 ft container has reached $10K. This is 3 times the January's price and 10 times the pre-Covid-19 price. I am sure the price hike will be passed down to us, customers, so I beg Mr Biden to print more money.

The Economist recently reported that the average world price of shipment of a standard 40 ft container has reached $10K. This is 3 times the January's price and 10 times the pre-Covid-19 price. I am sure the price hike will be passed down to us, customers, so I beg Mr Biden to print more money.

$10K worldwide. More like $20K for Far East to
US. We just booked a 40’HQ from the Far East to Chicago at that rate.

I wonder if the rail infrastructure is in place to get containers out of FL ports to elsewhere. I’ve only had stuff going into FL ports that stays in FL.

I wonder if the rail infrastructure is in place to get containers out of FL ports to elsewhere. I’ve only had stuff going into FL ports that stays in FL.

I have no clue. Supply chain is not an area I know much of anything about. I've wondered the same regarding rail and trucking. We do have commercial ports in various locations, so obviously there's some logistics in place. I'm just not sure how much latent/excess capacity is in the system?

I live near the Union Pacific tracks and see the rail traffic heading out of Cali and heading east. In the past few months the trains doubled in size. I've counted 5 engines up front with a pair in the middle. Train length is huge as well. I don't know if laws changed or what but I swear they are 2 miles long where they were only a mile long in the past. They are trying to move stuff.

While I don't count the numbers, it sure feels like there are about the same number of trains or real close to it.

As for the container market, they got expensive as well. For 15 years at least, that is how long I have been paying attention anyway, a 20' container in good shape was $2000, 40' was $3000. Those are now an extra $1000 or so now. 20' boxes are $3k and 40' are north of $4k.

Back
Top Bottom