Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I unwittingly had something shipped "free of charge," from NYC last month; turns out, it was through something called "UPS Shipping Innovations" -- that innovation, being a wholesale lack of real-time tracking; then, two nonsensical, unrecognized-by-UPS tracking numbers, for a few days, then crickets; no actual guarantee of any "real" delivery date; and, then, the nineteen days that it took, to finally find its way to California -- probably, by that time, bouncing around the Mojave somewhere, in the trunk of the 1964 Chevy Malibu, from Repo Man, before that further twenty-first century innovation kicked in -- that parcel being passed along, in some sub-idiot relay, to the USPS, only to arrive, the edges of the box, strangely singed . . .

A friend of mine works in domestic trucking. He was telling me lots of drivers are/were threatening to quit/retire/otherwise leave to avoid vaccine requirements. If that actually happens, it's sure to make the situation worse.

A friend of mine works in domestic trucking. He was telling me lots of drivers are/were threatening to quit/retire/otherwise leave to avoid vaccine requirements. If that actually happens, it's sure to make the situation worse.

Idiots. These people don’t seem to get it. There’s nowhere to hide. Even if you started your own trucking business, the places you pickup from/deliver to are almost all going to require drivers be vaxxed to access the facilities.

So when will it break 100 ships waiting?
This is very unusual this morning. Word coming out is that some of the ship captains are granting the deck hands 2-3 days shore leave to go have fun (think theme parks,etc). Deck hands are almost never allowed to rotate out and leave for more than a few hours.
The count this morning was 92 ships in que and ~30 to arrive in next 48hrs..Average que time is estimated to be 11-14 days right now and that's why captains are granting generous shore time.

Just my hunch,,,,but in 30 days our problem won't be ship space. It will be we can't find an empty container to load in Shenzhen.The consolidators are making a fortune with little to no capital expenses.

Overseas isn't the only shipping problem. FedEx was supposed to deliver a wheel to me from NJ last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and yesterday. It's still not delivered.

Overseas isn't the only shipping problem. FedEx was supposed to deliver a wheel to me from NJ last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and yesterday. It's still not delivered.
Just roll with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom