Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously? As already stated, Atomic Aquatics regulators are made in California and a Z2 can be had for under $500. The limited edition, over-the-top T25 is not even $4K. Products made here will end up being more expensive, but they don't need to outrageously priced as you want to suggest!

Yeah. They machine the first stages. Masks, snorkels, fins, o-rings too? I wonder why their snorkels are out of stock with no delivery dates.

Yeah. They machine the first stages. Masks, snorkels, fins, o-rings too? I wonder why their snorkels are out of stock with no delivery dates.
So… snorkels, masks, fins and o-rings are now regulators?

In the shadow and the light reflects in a certain angle.

All from China together with 2/3rds of their regulator components.

A majority of regulator parts are process manufacturing parts that could easily be onshored, with little increase in costs.

2/3rds… so you have access to their BOMs and supply chain info for all of their reg components?

BTW… no one was talking about masks, fins and snorkels… only you as you tried to deflect pushback on your ridiculous suggestion that a US made regulator would cost $4-10K.

This isn't true. I have insider information that I can't divulge but your numbers aren't true. There was a guy around here, a small time regulator reseller/re-badger that made such accusations but he is wrong and untruthful.

This isn't true. I have insider information that I can't divulge but your numbers aren't true. There was a guy around here, a small time regulator reseller/re-badger that made such accusations but he is wrong and untruthful.

Would love to see proof. AA could claim “Made in the USA” on each regulator if that were true.

2/3rds… so you have access to their BOMs and supply chain info for all of their reg components?

BTW… no one was talking about masks, fins and snorkels… only you as you tried to deflect pushback on your ridiculous suggestion that a US made regulator would cost $4-10K.

An AA topline reg is getting close already.

Hmmm...a regulator set for $4,000 - $10,000. Let's see how that will fly amongst the folks here. :coffee:
I've literally walked through AUP's machine shop in CA, where Hollis/Oceanic etc regs are produced.
And their DC's, depth gauges etc etc.
Oh, and PPS and AUP share a building.

Lots of wetsuits are made in CA too. And IIRC plenty of BC's and wings are made in the US.

Injection molding is still almost all in Asia yes, but scuba gear is mostly high value, and that stuff gets made in the US or Europe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom