wondering about Seafrog housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karloss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for some sort of review for the Seafrog housings. I am primarily concerned with one for the TG6. The price of them tends to make me consider them some what lesser than other brands. You know, get what you pay for. If I could get some insight into them I would much appreciate it.

There have been several reviews over the last few years. Generally OK the only problems reported have been buttons freezing under pressure.

See similar threads below yours.

I have one for the TG5. Only problem has been the spring for the shutter lever broke. Has worked at all depths it is stated to be okay to use.

Didnt realize it cost less.

A friend has a sea frogs and just yesterday he was complaining that they take 2 weeks to respond to emails.
And a $5 part he needs is out of stock and they haven't responded telling him where else he may find it.

A few warning signs if you ask me.

Didnt realize it cost less.

A friend has a sea frogs and just yesterday he was complaining that they take 2 weeks to respond to emails.
And a $5 part he needs is out of stock and they haven't responded telling him where else he may find it.

A few warning signs if you ask me.
Yea, I have seen them for around 185.00 as opposed to 299.00 for an Oly or and Ikelite. Thanks for your input. That is what I was looking for.

I am looking for some sort of review for the Seafrog housings. I am primarily concerned with one for the TG6. The price of them tends to make me consider them some what lesser than other brands. You know, get what you pay for. If I could get some insight into them I would much appreciate it.

For anyone that might care, I pulled the trigger on an Olympus I found on ebay for 249. 00 plus shipping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom