Wonder what Gagdet Girl has been up to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For the last couple of weeks, Emma has been an Aquanaut living in Aquarius at 60ft in the Florida Keys! The NEEMO research team has been very busy and from the photos it looks like they've had alot of fun, too.

Read all about it and see the pictures....NOAA Aquarius

So I'd like to welcome home our very on Aquanaut...we're proud of ya, Dr. Gadget Girl! :wink:

Besides Emma I also know Clayton Anderson one of the other aquanauts. He is a former high school basketball official in the local organization that i am a member of. Small world.

Dee once bubbled...
For the last couple of weeks, Emma has been an Aquanaut living in Aquarius at 60ft in the Florida Keys! The NEEMO research team has been very busy and from the photos it looks like they've had alot of fun, too.

Read all about it and see the pictures....NOAA Aquarius

So I'd like to welcome home our very on Aquanaut...we're proud of ya, Dr. Gadget Girl! :wink:

Hi Dee, Beast, and fellow swampers!!!
It's good to be home, but I miss all that bottom time :( After the mission, Francois and I dove the Spiegel Grove, so that was cool also. =-)

Thanks Dee for the welcome home. Once I catch up with sleep, work, and home stuff (in that order :wink: ), then I hope to make my way back to TL to dive and give a slide show to whoever is interested.

C'yall soon...

WOW, I would love to do something like that with my life..be involved and do something like that for a living.

What kind of education and experience would a diver have to have to be associated with that kind of work and where would someone like myself find jobs like that?

LOL by the way welcome back

:)

Scott D.

We're looking forward to see you and the slideshow. Of course, you know I'm full of questions!

Can't wait!

BTW...Beast built you and Brenda a short gear bench. He calls it your SAR...short a$$ rack! :wink:

I just received my college's alumni newsletter, and there on the glossy front page was a pic of two of my fellow alumnae (a few years before me, that is) who are also Aquanauts.
It was incredible to read about--what I could have majored in..... !
Emma, you might have been familiar with these two?

Congrats on your acomplishments!

Aquanaut Alumnae

KBeck once bubbled...
I just received my college's alumni newsletter, and there on the glossy front page was a pic of two of my fellow alumnae (a few years before me, that is) who are also Aquanauts.
It was incredible to read about--what I could have majored in..... !
Emma, you might have been familiar with these two?

Congrats on your acomplishments!

Aquanaut Alumnae

KBeck, thanks for your message. It was nice to read about your alumni; unfortunately, I do not know of them because our missions were a few months apart and well as for different purposes. Their coral work sounds very interesting; our mission involved collecting some coral information, but our main objective was to use the habitat as an analog to space flight (a NASA project). It definitely is an honor to have had the opportunity to live and work in and around Aquarius, just as it was for your alumni! :)
-Emma

ssmith87 once bubbled...
WOW, I would love to do something like that with my life..be involved and do something like that for a living.

What kind of education and experience would a diver have to have to be associated with that kind of work and where would someone like myself find jobs like that?

LOL by the way welcome back

:)

Scott D.

Scott, thanks for your message. Many of the Aquarius missions are supported by fisheries organizations and coral scientists. So if you are in these fields of study, then you might have a chance. Our mission was a NASA project, and there are fewer of these missions with Aquarius. In any case, competition is stiff for the opportunity to be an aquanaut. But just keep diving for your own enjoyment and keep your ears open for these kinds of opportunities...that's how I succeeded...persistence. :)
-Emma

Dee once bubbled...
We're looking forward to see you and the slideshow. Of course, you know I'm full of questions!

Can't wait!

BTW...Beast built you and Brenda a short gear bench. He calls it your SAR...short a$$ rack! :wink:

Beast is so kind to us who are vertically challenged :D ...can't wait to try out the SAR!

Back
Top Bottom