Women's Limited Edition Wetsuit By Bare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have a Bare suit that I love. It doesn't fit me perfectly though. :wink:

I think I'm a hair over the cut-off for 'petite' height in the USA, and of average weight. I don't like the flowers on it, but then again I like plain solid blocks of colour (and by that I mean just plain black) gear. I do like the sewing pattern though and the white blocks are ok. I think front zip would take more shoulder mobility and hand strength pulling than I have to give. I'm not sure anyone local sells bare but maybe I should try out one of their suits just to see where it compares to everything else I've tried.

The suit that I own in 7, 5 and 3mm is the O'neill Sector wetsuits and find they do a fine job of stretching to get over larger pieces of rear anatomy, don't compress quickly, and stay put throughout the dive (foot and hand loops don't seem necessary at all). For sizing, Aqualung suits have ridiculously long torsos and short arms and legs on me, but the O'neills fit perfectly if not a little long in the limbs which is OK by me.

I have a Waterproof wetsuit (W4) and I like that they have more sizes than other brands. I have the opposite problem being 5'10". Actually even the tall size is a little short in the arms, but it works okay. It seems to be a quality suit so far. They aren't in stock in many stores but I called Waterproof and they sent 2 sizes to their nearest dealer for me to try on.

As for the Bare, I don't think I would like the foot and hand straps. I zip my wetsuit ankles OVER my boots. I guess this would put the wetsuit under your boots. Aesthetically I don't like the white piping or white contrasting zipper. Not sure how I feel about a front zip, that might be nice. I'm not a fan of the floral design personally, too girly for me.

The problem for me at being 5' 1/2" is that to get the suit to fit around the chest and hips (based on their chart), I'd have to get a size that would probably put the knees at my ankles! UGH! Oh, to be tall and skinny! Plus, I don't really like all the fru-fru on the suit...too many flowers. The foot straps would be the first thing I'd cut off. I've had a suit with foot straps and they were very uncomfortable in my boots.

I recently bought a ScubaPro EverFlex Steamers 5/4mm wetsuit in a Women's Medium. Honestly, it's the first wetsuit I've purchased off the rack that fits my short and somewhat round body. The knees are even in the right place! I put a 3mm hooded vest under it and it still fits great, and I'm toasty warm. I don't like the fact I have to add more weight because of the neoprene, but this too shall pass. In a few weeks I'll be back into my SharkSkin and no weight! Whoo-hoo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom