Women's Limited Edition Wetsuit By Bare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chillyinCanada

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Ladies, what do you think of this suit? I find certain technical aspects very appealing. I like the design pattern that's been placed in a couple of spots though I question the wisdom of that kind of design right at the top of a woman's thigh. I'm not keen on the stitching breaking up the suit at the waist nor the color patching change at the lower calf/ankle area. If I were long and lean as the all woman design team must be, perhaps I'd feel differently. So, I'm asking, what do those of my fellow height-challenged sisters think of this suit?

Bit too much design work...im a dwelf mini sized diver too Chilly - have you looked at the Aqualung Aquaflex - I bought it for fit and comfort and found it has just the right amount of ''pretty'' on it.

Wingy, I'm short but not mini-sized. :) but thanks for the tip. Might still work!

I hate front zips. I want a multifunctional wetsuit that works for both diving and surfing. Front zips are useless if you surf.

I actually don't mind the look of the suit in and of itself, but like always, my priority is functionality. And this wetsuit fails that test.

I'm with WetPup on the functionality issues. And this suit has the usual Bare sizing issue of women's gear offered in 7 sizes, while an equivalent full suit for men has 14 size choices, with tall and short options. Guess female divers come in one height only

Bit too much design work...im a dwelf mini sized diver too Chilly - have you looked at the Aqualung Aquaflex - I bought it for fit and comfort and found it has just the right amount of ''pretty'' on it.
Wingy I am on my second 5mm Aquaflex and I feel like it already needs replacing. It seems to get compressed after a years worth of diving. I love it but its pretty pricey to have to replace every year. Have you noticed this at all?

I haven't had it very long Cali Girl..still trying to compress it down - I haven't heard that feedback from a few friends who are into their second and third year of using them so no haven't heard of this. Insanely comfy suit, hoping mine doesn't compress down too quickly like yours has. Fingers crossed.

Scuba Christine, Bare makes it very difficult for me to believe that this suit is the product of an all women design team. Were they all young, tall and slim? Do they all actually dive?

For example, the footstraps. I don't get that at all. Are sny of you ladies having trouble keeping the legs of your wetsuits in place? Not to mention, the legs of a wetsuit can be difficult enough to get on without having this extra foot strap to accommodate. :(

Well said Chilly! I agree with you, an all woman designe team of one?

I think it is suffering from trying to be too many things in one suit and not actually looking at any of the issues that I keep hearing from women in regards to what we want in gear -- works hard and fits well. I'm not sure what sport the foot strap was designed for, I think it would just rub in my boot and give me a blister.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom