Women and Mask Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
In general, do most women use regular sized masks since most models only come in 1 size?

Do you find that most masks fit both men and women with the standard size?

It's not just a male/female thing--it's a face-shape and even an ethnicity thing. Lots of women like smaller masks, but I just use "unisex" ones for my rental gear, and they fit most people, but there are some men and some women who have hard-to-fit faces for whatever reason. Then we go mask shopping!

It's not so much a men or women issue, it's a face structure issue. Some people can try on 15 demo masks and 10 will fit. Others can try on 15 demo masks and one will fit.

I'm having an issue with the only local shop not having enough stock when I take students there so I was looking at having them use an online option. Masks and booties can be a fickle thing so I am curious.

There's that new Spectra TruFit mask with the ridged skirt that supposedly fits more face shapes better. You could get a couple of those and try them out, and if they work recommend them to your divers.

There's that new Spectra TruFit mask with the ridged skirt that supposedly fits more face shapes better. You could get a couple of those and try them out, and if they work recommend them to your divers.

Thank you. I have a pile of masks that I keep in stock but I will check them out.

my problem is that most mask nose pockets are made for romans. the ones on statues. 12 ft tall statues. i mean, geez, does anyone really have a nose that big? my last mask, i had to use the pocket as a block and shove it backward to equalize - it was too big to pinch shut on my actual nose.

right now i have a dive rite low volume mask that is a teense better. no big hugs for them, though, because the last one with the giant pocket was also dive rite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom