Woman shoots gun at lobster hunters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey!!! All in all, we did pretty darn good this year, after all what do you expect to get when you put HUNDREDS of divers (or so some claim) in our great big pool all after the same thing.....

July 29, 2004

The first day of mini-lobster season was quiet for authorities except for the case of a hunter treated for the bends after complaining of short breath and muscle aches.

On a day when rusty divers could run out of air underwater or drift off from their boat, the calm pleased officials.

"No serious problems," says Scott Fessler, a petty officer for the U.S. Coast Guard. "Normally we get something pretty bad, but luckily there hasn't been anything yet. Then again, it isn't over yet."

No accidents or injuries were reported by early evening Wednesday, aside from the man who suffered from the bends about 12 miles off the Fort Pierce Inlet.

"It looks like it was just an instance of inexperience," Fessler said of the one incident.

The boat motored back to the shore, and the man was taken to St. Mary's Hospital.

Other than that incident, the day was uneventful for coast guardsmen. A few violations among the hundreds of boats checked. People taking lobsters too small or taking pregnant lobsters.

*I'm sure I'm breaking some sort of copyright laws here, but I can't figure out how to post the site for all to read, not to mention I'm thread hi-jacking.... spanks for me! lol

This was a good year for lobster if you were'nt a lobster. I went out of Stock Island and we had our limit by 9:00am. I will post pictures when I get them. It seemed that there were alot fewer boats this year then in the past, not complaining or anything.
back40

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom