Woman diver with husband no diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband doesn't dive---has no desire to even try it.

He golfs, I dive, we compare notes at dinner.

I go on a dive trip with friends once a year and he is encouraged to do the same with his golf buddies.

We are each our own person and don't need to spend all of our time together. He shares my underwater experiences through my stories and pictures.

I don't mention dive accidents that I hear about though, he doesn't want to hear it. When done diving I also call him to let him know I am out of the water.

My husband cannot dives as he gets chronic migraines. IMO, he wouldn't dive even if the migraines weren't an issue.

He's supportive of my diving, as long as it doesn't replace our time together! I've gone on boats without buddies and he's never accompanied me on a dive and he's okay with it.

I don't feel weird about it, but I do make sure that any plans together aren't upsurped by my diving.

stardiver:
If we may ask, why is your husband not a diver?

He don't like it :( . He had dive with me a couple of times in warm water, but he just don't like it.

Really I have no problems with him, I love my man and he love me, and so we are free to do the spot each one like.
My problem is with the rest of the people; his friends, his family, and almost every one, even dive buddies, who told me "are you going to dive out of the city, with out you husband!!!????"like i was a kind of "bad woman". And make my husband feel like an fool.

Thanks for all the post! i didn't know other women in my position. At least in my country is not very common, There is a lot of dive women, but every one are buddies with her husbands (boyfriends) or single... or divorce :confused:

But tks again, that make me feel more encourage

Ann Marie:
My husband doesn't dive---has no desire to even try it.

He golfs, I dive, we compare notes at dinner.

I go on a dive trip with friends once a year and he is encouraged to do the same with his golf buddies.

We are each our own person and don't need to spend all of our time together. He shares my underwater experiences through my stories and pictures.

I don't mention dive accidents that I hear about though, he doesn't want to hear it. When done diving I also call him to let him know I am out of the water.

My husband golfs and I dive too! I took up golf to keep him happy and decided that I like it.... BUT not on vacation where I could be diving. He goes golfing and I go diving then we meet up and compare pictures. I curb my diving a bit to make time for him when we are on vacation, but it works. I have tried for years to talk him into diving and he tried it in the pool and just wasn't happy with it. Oh well.

I am not certified yet, but my husband is not going to join me. I think that is just fine. Then when I want to go diving I will not need to worry about a baby sitter. This is going to be my time. I think it is great to do things together, but is also great to have your own thing. He has his fishing and that is his time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom