Wolfe Islander Pull Line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'd like to try the Wolfe Islander shore dive using the submerged cable that goes by as a pull line (see map) rather than just following the scooter line. Does anyone who's actually been in that area know if the cable is buried or not?

Also does anyone know where the St. lawrence river officially starts, and whether the Wolfe Islander is in the lake or the river? My chart says 'St. Lawrence River' just a bit east of there, so it's hard to tell.

Attachments

• WolfeIs.jpg
    WolfeIs.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 106
In all the times I've been on the Wolfe, I've never seen a cable. So I'm guessing that its buried. No mine you I've not been looking for a cable so it could be there, but... I'm not sure I'd want to do this one from shore. Its not deep, but its one heck of a swim.

Give Cliff at Limestone a call, I'm sure he'd more then happey to take you out.

Unfortunately Limestone was full for this weekend.
It is kind of a far swim. It wouldnt make sense to do it unless there's a nice cable to pull along most of the way there. That kind of pull&glide can be as fast as a scooter in my limited experience :)

Back
Top Bottom