Closed [With leak] Free, but u pay shipping, UTD Signature Series wing, can be used for back or side mount

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyFrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
NOTE this is a leaky wing!
NOTE: wing only, no inflation hose or inflator.

Compatible with
Plain Elbow Inflation Hose Assemblies

There's not outside damage.
There's likely 1 hole/tear in the red circled area on the bladder. Felt/sounded to be small however it's impossible to know until taken apart.
Otherwise pretty good cosmetic condition.

The whole wing is sewed all around so there's no direct access to the bladder unless you can take apart the seam and re-seam it afterwards.

To make things easier, you can either
1. give me a prepaid shipping label, I'll pack things up and use that.
Or
2. $20 net to me, which should roughly covers shipping to CONTUS, with some change for a coffee for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 125
did you try slapping a patch on with some aquaseal? ugly, but should hold

That's the advice I got from dris as well.

They said as long as you can gain access to the bladder, they can give advice over the phone the best material/glue to patch it.

However like mentioned to do that one needs to take apart the seam and reseam it afterwards.

I'm no tailor so this will be a lot of hassle for me to do...
The tailor around my house are very overpriced I might as well buy a new one.

PM sent

thought the UTD is a single layer wing? so you can just patch from the outside?

sadly no, that would make the fix very easy.

It's two layer with the bladder sewed inside of the nylon outer layer.
Thus making the bladder inaccessible unless the nylon seam is taken apart.

I sniped the deal! :) Thanks again boboqa. I'll post my attempted repair to see how it goes. It'll be good for a DIY experiments with different sidemount configurations, without needing to alter my main sidemount setup.

I sniped the deal! :) Thanks again boboqa. I'll post my attempted repair to see how it goes. It'll be good for a DIY experiments with different sidemount configurations, without needing to alter my main sidemount setup.

You sniped me... :76feet:

Yes please do as I was going to do the same and if that didn't work I was gonna take it back to UTD to see what I could get from them.. lol

i was going to say if @boboqa wanted to meet up, i could take a look at the wing and also the freeflowing regs for him. @SlugMug you likely can just make a very careful cut around the perimeter sealing and then glue or sew on an extra strip of cordura to cover it up later. not as neat as resewing the seam, but less work and also makes it easy to access the bladder again in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom