Wish list for cobalt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron, Not sure what I mean :). I find myself just using my dive watch at my safety stop because the bright light washes out the display, and according to my wife I am sort of hard of hearing so I don't hear the buzzer. At least I think that is what she said, couldn't really hear her. I think she must have mumbled. It's hard getting old.

I understand. The weak link of emissive displays like OLED is their visibility in bright sunlight. You can use the DOWN button to adjust the display brightness during a dive, but very bright light will wash it out even at the brightest setting. That much sun is a rare event here in the PNW. :(

Ron

How about Bluetooth data transfer? Picture this: walk up to your Cobalt with a smart-phone, laptop, or tablet while it is still connected to your gear. Select download from the Cobalt menu so you can add details in your dive log while memories are fresh or plan your next dive with decompression software.

I pay a fair amount for DiveLog and GAP now. I would definitely buy a separate “high-end” program from Atomic that incorporates both capabilities integrated with Bluetooth. You would probably increase Cobalt sales even for people who don’t buy the program, just because they know they can.

Of course having GPS coordinates for start and end of dive (on the surface) would also be great, especially when searching for wrecks. Recording coordinates during the dive whenever shallow enough to get a signal (or on the surface too short a time to be a surface interval) would also be nice. Maybe recording “out of water” time and coordinates would also be useful.

About dive computer alarms. I don't have the Cobalt but alarms can be annoying. I hear the alarm, look at the computer but the thing keeps beeping at me for two more minutes (Sol in my case) and alters the display to show the alarm. Once an alarm goes off the computer should display, next to one of the buttons, "acknowledge" or "accept" or something like that, so pressing the button cancels the alarm and returns the normal display. Once I acknowledge the alarm, it has served its function and should turn off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom