Wisdom 2 ALT in Display, SN: 5708, purchased Feb 2012.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rottekatz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On my last dive trip, 4 dives from the Spectre, during pre dive checks my Wisdom went through the check cycle then displayed ALT and shut down. I went through this several times and then decided that maybe the battery needed to be replaced. I went below to get my glasses and put them on in order to read all of the information on the screen. I tried starting the Wisdom again and when ALT was displayed, I depressed both buttons and the ALT cleared and normal operation was restored. I completed the 4 scheduled dives without incident. Did it self correct? If I sent it in would the fault be recorded? Should I trust the computer? I have about 60 dives recorded on the Wisdom. I had checked my equipment the night before and earlier that mourning and all worked well. So, this would be the 3d time I turned on the computer within 24 hours and the 1st 2x there were no issues.

I had a problem with my Wisdom 2 also... but it was a different problem than yours. One thing I was told was to soak it well after diving in salt water... that the salt can get in around the buttons and cause problems. My computer only had 85 dives on it. Sherwood said they would upgrade me to a Wisdom 3 for a price... my LDS stood up for me and said that they had to do better... which they did, and the LDS even gave me 10% more off the price offered by Sherwood. It pays to support a good LDS...

Update. Sherwood replaced my Wisdom 2 with one that was refurbished. Nice, but I didn't realize it until I tried to download a dive. Newish Wisdom would not sync with computer. Returned Wisdom with cable, Awaiting results.
Asides:
Received analog gauges for Christmas and will add a QD to use them as backup.
I rise all of my equipment after every day of diving. Usually the next day because f drive time.

I have a wisdom 3 with the alt popping up after start up as well is this a common issue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom