Wisconsin found out about diving!...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

megzuwo

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
...and this forum apparently. After meeting a crew of guys from the SUDS program (soldiers undertakings disabled scuba) I was told that joining this forum was a must. I'm currently deployed to Cuba for the military during which I have found out that there is this odd obsession that people have taken on known as diving--who knew?!

Long story short, I love it-I love everything about it, the community, the feeling, the life...the smell of neoprene and the feeling of the nitrogen...haha.

I'm currently going through the Dive Master program on my base in hopes of taking this the professional route and helping others discover this crazy underwater world.

Right now I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (when not deployed) and will be moving to the Keys from March until September. I have a semester of college to finish back in Milwaukee so have to go back to the snow for a bit, and then it's time for a permanent residence where the water is always blue and warm.

I'm very naiive when it comes to forums (I missed jumping on the internet-band-wagon a few years back...) and it took me 20 minutes just to figure out how to post--so wish me luck on this new endeavor.

welcome aboard

WOW!!!! I am from Waukesha Wisconsin, just out of Milwaukee. (haven't lived there in 12 years), but always go back. I volunteer for SUDS and am their trip planning and coordination adviser. My husband and I live in Breckenridge, Colorado and Ft. Lauderdale, FL. We would love to dive with you. Who did you meet from SUDS? We know a lot of the men and women who have participated in this program. We just spent some time with Tim (SUDS marine who we helped with his AOW in Ft. Lauderdale) in Breckenridge when he was doing the Wounded Warriors Program for skiing. Had a fabulous time. Hopefully we will be able to dive together and coordinate any events for SUDS together. Thank you soooooo much for your support!!!

Small world!! When Mike told me I had to join this forum he mentioned you actually but I didn't know you're from the Milwaukee area. Oh jeeze, who did I meet...John and Danny were down here, uh, Shane, Mike...I'll have photos up soon enough of the event. It was absolutely amazing. I've already been talking to John about helping out when I get off this rock-especially in the Ft. Lauderdale area since I will be in the Keys come April time. And I definately believe it's mandatory that we dive together, haha, just too small of a world. Glad you found me!

Michelle, I was able to join you guys on the dive with Tim & Josh when we placed the American Flag on the Capt. Dan. That was an amazing dive, thank you for allowing me to be part of it. If you ever need assistance in the West Palm to Ft. Lauderdale area just let me know. I would love to help you guys out.

Small world indeed :cool2: I'm just down the road a bit in Kenosha.

I just started my DM course. Good luck with yours! I'll need to look into the SUDS program and see what it's all about.

Be safe in your deployed "travels". I went to the sandbox last year, and I may have to go back next year, but we haven't heard for sure. Navy Reserves with the Seabees out of Great Lakes Naval Base.

Wow..Elkhorn for Me & the Cheddarguy. Gotta check out the SUDS program, looks like a great thing

Looks to be your place to be...so enjoy the site and welcome....

SCUBA BOARD ROCKS< SUDS ROCKS< MUGGSY HOWARD AND MEGZUWO YOU ROCK TOO

PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR 2009 WILL OFFICIALLY KICK OFF WHENEVER I RECOVER- SEARCH Operation Bottom Time __ MY PARTS__

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom