Winter is here, so who is snowboarding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've gotten about 10 days of snowboarding in so far this season. :)

Teenage son talked me into trying snowboarding @55. Discovered the "flyswatter", where your downhill edge catches on an uphill facing turn.
Laying there with my skull still ringing, watching my glasses continue on down the slope while I lay there upside down, I remembed why I'd rather keep Carribean diving as my winter sport!

I went boarding last Sunday. The nose on my board had split a little but after 3 runs it got torn open. I had to rent a board for the rest of the day and am trying to schedule a time to go to the place where I bought my board to see what they say about it

Teenage son talked me into trying snowboarding @55. Discovered the "flyswatter", where your downhill edge catches on an uphill facing turn.
Laying there with my skull still ringing, watching my glasses continue on down the slope while I lay there upside down, I remembed why I'd rather keep Carribean diving as my winter sport!

:D :D :D
C'mon, at the beginning it has to be painful. But later - it's so much fun. Just don't give up....

I prefer skiing.

The problem is, El Zee won't join me when I want to go skiing in Austria or elsewhere.

She has no such problems with a tropical dive trip...

It's not snowboarding, but for the first time in 25 years (maybe more!) I went ice skating yesterday afternoon. As strange as it seems, this year there is a temporary outdoor rink in Redondo Beach, right in Seaside Lagoon, near the harbor. One can see boats and kayakers coming in and out of the harbor while skating.

Anyway, I dug out my antique ice skates (relics from high school days in NJ) from the back of the closet, parked my car near Dive 'N Surf just for the irony of it, and walked to the Lagoon. It was a bright, sunny day, and I felt really strange lacing up my skates. My first couple of laps around the small rink were rather stiff, but it's just like riding a bicycle: it comes back. It was really, really odd, though. There were a few wet spots on the ice, but no slush. I really enjoyed it.

went skiing about 10 times since there's snow. Not a big mountain since i'm going with my 7 yo son who is getting better and better each time. They learn so fast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom