Winter Diving in NC??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Temps start dropping from present 80 deg F to about 60 and less by December-January. Doesn't warm up again until May-June. So, for me that's a dry suit, but a 5 (October-November or 7 mil (December-March) two piece step-in will work for most. Most dive operations stop by end of October and shore diving is poor except for Nags Head. Have fun and good luck!

i went out last nov off morehead - great dives! just looked at my log, and temps were 68 at 110 feet. i seem to remember 75 at the surface though i don't have that logged. i have a 5mil and a 3mil hood. didn't wear gloves those dives because i had moonie the scubaboard gnome with me, and i wanted to make sure i could manipulate his bolt snap.

try contacting discovery, olympus, aquatic safaris, etc to ask about winter charters.

guys, help me out & put links...i'm not good with that.

I know at Aquatic Safaris the winter doesn't stop the diving. There is even a charter booked for the day after Christmas. Jan 2 has been popular also.

The far offshore sites, 35+ miles are the best choices. Water in the offshore sites can range from 62 to 72 depending what the currents are doing.

Pat

For a link to the various NC charters, go to NCDivers.com. On the left of the home page is a list of the charters with links to their web pages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom