Winter diving in Lake Tahoe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just remembered some crappy pics from a good dive @ Sand Harbor. Tahoe 10-8-05
I described it as weightless hiking at the time.

Tahoe diving doesn't suck. My one Winter dive there was good, too. It was just cold on the surface. My hands were painfully frozen.

Lesson learned: When diving Tahoe in the winter, leave warm, dry gloves on the beach, or use drygloves, if you might be standing around wet for a while. Whatever you need to do to stay warm... Then again, my buddy did two wetsuit dives that day. That was just plain nuts.

Us Tahoe diver keep all the really good dive spots to ourselves.

Winter diving at Tahoe. If you have a dry suit bring it. 7 mil wet suit expect to last about 15 - 25 minutes. If the sun is out and there is no wind the air temp can feel quite comfortable.

If you have only dove once or twice at tahoe and found it boring oh well. But please dont bash it you have only seen a minuscule part. That would be like me diving the break water in monterey only once and saying the whole north coast for diving is boring and the 40 foot viz sucked.

I'm sure the best diving in norcal is the Sacramento river.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom