wing size, again...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im sorry the 10 lbs. of lead is what I was using with an al 80. I have not been In the water with the 100 steel yet. so at this time im not sure.

al80 with the pony or without? If it was without the pony you're at around 4-5lbs of lead in which case my official recommendation is buy a new wing, but if you are careful with how much stuff you pick up, carry a 50lb lift bag, and aren't diving deeper than 80 ish feet, you'll probably be ok with the one you have, but I would make damn sure it actually holds the full 32lbs when it is on you first.

That was without the pony. I do carry a lift bag. But i also dive deeper then 80 feet. I think im just gonna get another wing. Better safe then sorry.

with an al80 and without the pony you should be OK. Do a quick check with the full rig and see how much water you can get in the wing, and then report back. Conveniently you can do that while snowed in.

agreed, but that's why I asked if he is wearing any extra lead. I'm assuming not, and in that case the 32lb wing will be fine, cutting it close, but fine. If there is any extra lead involved, then it isn't enough.

If he is going to be wearing lead it has to be for comping for the suit.

my suit very buoyant. its a 7 mill and its still new. I love it but it takes a of weight to get it to sink.

Back
Top Bottom