Windy week in SE Florida 10/19/2015-10/24/2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How were the Dry Tortugas??

The diving was really nice, but we got only one day is the reserve before the weather went boobs up.

The diving inside the park was fun but isn's as fun or diverse as the reserve. There were tons of fish, the temp was 81ish, the viz was horrible, there was not much current on any of the dives, and the coral is severely SEVERELY bleached, but not dead (yet).

It was my third trip there and I highly recommend it, especially on the Spree. They run a first-class op.

Amy

How is the weather looking in southeast Florida over the next week? It looks like it has stayed pretty windy. I was hoping to dive off of Boynton Beach next weekend ... specifically Sun Nov 1st. Looking at the forecast over the next week and into next weekend, it has me rethinking my plans.

How is the weather looking in southeast Florida over the next week? It looks like it has stayed pretty windy. I was hoping to dive off of Boynton Beach next weekend ... specifically Sun Nov 1st. Looking at the forecast over the next week and into next weekend, it has me rethinking my plans.

Next weekend looks good on the long range Navy forecast. I place very little confidence in predictions that far out, but it is too early to cancel.

I think next weekend will be good.
Certainly much good-er-er.
It has been puffing in SoFla for the last two consecutive weekends, and it will have to break.
Deerfied Beach, Florida Surf Forecast and Surf Report
It is looking pretty good starting on Wednesday.

Chug
Dry for two weeks.

One good thing, all this wind/rain brought down the water temp about 5/7 degrees. This has put and end to the bleach watch and now starts the recovery

Wah! Let me back in the water!

well it's Monday and the white caps are still there...keeping a close watch on the water for a three tank dive this weekend...perhaps a collective wish for calm blue water this weekend will work.

so far so good... wind coming down and the ocean a lot less angry....patience for a great weather weekend.

---------- Post added October 29th, 2015 at 02:05 PM ----------

OK our collective wishes and patience has paid off the ocean is calm and inviting today....

Today was awesome. Flat calm in Jupiter, you could have water skied if you had wanted to. Vis was decent and current was fairly light. Saw a number of reef sharks, goliath grouper, green turtles and southern rays on the Tunnels site.

It looks like we are back to lighter winds for the next several days at least in Southeast Florida. Waters should stay reasonably calm with fairly good visibility outside brown water plumes from the inlets. Things should stay this way until the next stronger front makes it this far south and/or tropical system arrive.

Rest Of Today Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots becoming north northeast. Seas around 2 feet. Dominant period 2 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A slight chance of showers.
Tonight East northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Dominant period 10 seconds becoming 5 seconds after midnight. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A slight chance of showers after midnight.
Saturday East winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Dominant period 5 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A slight chance of showers.
Saturday Night East winds around 10 knots. Seas around 2 feet. Dominant period 3 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop.
Sunday East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas around 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop.
Sunday Night East southeast winds 5 to 10 knots along the coast to east southeast 10 to 15 knots in the gulf stream. Seas around 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. A slight chance of showers.
Monday And Monday Night East winds around 10 knots. Seas around 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop.
Tuesday East winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas around 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. A slight chance of showers.

NWS Miami-South Florida

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom