Windy Point/Mansfield 12/8???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chucksaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Four of us from East Texas are headed to Comal Saturday to assist in an OW class and then planning an afternoon/night dive at either WP or Mansfield... Anyone been to either and besides being a bit cool, how is viz???

Anyone interested in joining us????

I was at Windy Point this weekend; water temperature is showing 66 on the Mosquito dive log. Visibility was a couple of feet at best down to platform 3. It might improve below that; couldn't say for sure.

Matt

Four of us from East Texas are headed to Comal Saturday to assist in an OW class and then planning an afternoon/night dive at either WP or Mansfield... Anyone been to either and besides being a bit cool, how is viz???

Anyone interested in joining us????

I know time moves a little slower in E. Texas than the rest of the state (world?), but don't you mean this Saturday, Dec. 15th? :wink:

BTW, last weekend the vis at WP was poor, but there was also a layer of about 5' vis between 50'-60'. Don't know what you'll find this weekend. Water temps were 66 degrees from surface to 110'.

I might be out there on Saturday. Give me a shout if ya'll go and I'll try to join you.

I was at Mansfield Park last Friday. The water temp was 66 degrees and the vis was 1-2 feet down to 91 feet. Vis got worse the farther down we swam.

Thanks for the updates... K-Valve will PM you when we tie down times better... you know how OW classes go...

As for the date... Remember, when the end of the world and rapture comes East Texas is the place to be because everyone knows we are 30 years behind the times...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom