Windy Point LCRA Side Dive Area???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bucho

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a mape from 2001 that shows different dive areas on Lake Travis. This mape shows a dive area East (left) of the boat ramp at windy point on the LCRA side. The dive area looks to be between Wind Point and McGregor County Park and the area is marked on the map as being 3 milse from Mansfield Dam. Does anyone know about this area? I am thinking about going out to Windy Point and try to find it while I kayak around that area. The map does not state if the area is marked off or not. Let me know if anyone wants to join me on this adventure. I am also off all this week so if anyone wants to do some diving this week let me know. :D

Well, I made my kayak adventure today. The watter was a little rough. I kayaked from Windy Point to Sometimes Island. Along the way I came across a Water Marker that was orange with the letter "J" painted all around it. I was thinking that Might be the dive area but I don't think so. The marker did not seem to be tied down but now that I think of it, there could be allot of slack since the water level is way down. I did not get out of my kayak because the water was too rough. I do think the dive area is closer to the shore line of Windy Point in between McGregor Park. I do think this area would be good for a kayak dive. I did not venture in that direction because of the current. All in all it was a good day despite the current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom