Wind Storm Whistles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wstein:
Try having this, golf, and moutain biking as hobby/sports. See how much money you have afterwards. HAHAHAHA

Paul
Yes you will go broke with scuba.
A new dive buddy just got his private pilot license last year (before he took up scuba). Thousands of dollars to get his license, then it costs him $200 EVERY time he flies. Except for an expensive set of headphones he doesn't have any other gear to show for it. Yes, there are indeed more expensive hobbies.

wstein:
Ouch on the bank part, buy heck they must be fun.

Paul

Paul.... they are great the 3 classics. A 1965 Chevy Impalia wagon and 2 1972 Chevy Chevelles, one a cruiser and one a Sat. night drag racer.

texdiveguy:
Thanks folks for the info.,,,,,maybe a tank banger is the next purchase...........GEE I am going to go broke on this hobby-sport!!

It may not be the best underwater but the storm whistle is a great whistle when on the surface. I have on for the simple reason that I can't yell very well. It's there in case the boat isn't there when I surface or for some reason I come up in the wrong place and need help.

Tank banger - eh. Not needed. But, does come in handy getting the attention of other (i.e. not your buddy) divers. We use 'em on night dives and such to alert friends when we find something cool like an octopus, turtle or something.

Paula

If you want something to get attention underwater, the Underwater Hammerhead Signaling Device works great. All our instructors and divemasters use them and we have a set of signals for UW communication... Rapid blasts - 3 in a row mean bring your group up.... single "honks" come to me.. (yes you can actually determine where the sound is coming from... weird - but we tested it in Lake Travis... and you can home in on them).

I just ask divers who have them to make the honks short, and try not to signal anytime you see anything... HONK! Look an angel fish! HONK HONK!! Look a Grouper!

But I'd bet if you took one out for a dive - you'd want one... they can be heard 200 ft or more away - even wearing hoods.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom