Will there be a mini-season this year???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For most of the state, the mini-season is still a 'go'.

I wonder how many will be hitting the Keys with their boats only to find out the ramps are all closed. I would love to see a video of their faces. :D :D :D

I enjoy other people's misery as much as the next guy, but don't wish that cluster f.. on the locals down there and all along the roads getting there.... I hope there's a wide broadcast of the closures and the least amount of people get on the road with their boat/trailer, as it is most of them can't handle the towing very well.

The county can just put disclaimers on their boat ramp web site like mouse world did:

"By visiting Walt Disney World Resort you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19."

Problem solved!

The county can just put disclaimers on their boat ramp web site like mouse world did:

"By visiting Walt Disney World Resort you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19."

Problem solved!
Who gives a crap about the tourists? We’re trying to keep the locals safe.

For most of the state, the mini-season is still a 'go'.

I wonder how many will be hitting the Keys with their boats only to find out the ramps are all closed. I would love to see a video of their faces. :D :D :D
The problem is that the tourists will act badly.

I enjoy other people's misery as much as the next guy, but don't wish that cluster f.. on the locals down there and all along the roads getting there.... I hope there's a wide broadcast of the closures and the least amount of people get on the road with their boat/trailer, as it is most of them can't handle the towing very well.

And well before the causeway too. Can you imagine the cluster, having all of those trailers trying to turnaround either on the causeway, or right after hitting the area there at the shell station? That would be no small nightmare.

Reactions: Ana
The problem is that the tourists will act badly.
No they won't.

They'll be responsible visitors.

No they won't.

They'll be responsible visitors.
They haven’t been yet...

How is it ethical to deny "certain" tax payers the use of public facilities (like boat ramps which can allow social distancing) and at the same time allow Disney World to be open?

Ramps are going to be open for people with the correct address on their driver's license.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom