Will the Aqualung DIN conversion kit I received work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

recyclingfreak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got a DIN conversion kit I bought online for my Aqualung Titan >2010 but the kit is for the ACD. I installed it and everything fits like a zipper but I have diagrams and a few parts are different. I'm guessing it will work because everything fits and there's an o-ring on the end and in the inside to seal it.

There was a slight change in the body to tank connector where they changed the placement of an oring and filter. The filter and oring were in the DIN/yoke retainer and they had to switch it to being inside a groove in the body. I don't know off the top of my head what year the change was made tho.

There was a slight change in the body to tank connector where they changed the placement of an oring and filter. The filter and oring were in the DIN/yoke retainer and they had to switch it to being inside a groove in the body. I don't know off the top of my head what year the change was made tho.

I believe the change was made in 2013 with the issuance of Tech Bulletin #38...see attached document.

-Z

Attachments

• TB38_Change_Filter_Installation.pdf
    227.4 KB · Views: 111
Here are the diagrams of the ACD and non-ACD version of the revised Titan. The diagrams also note the 2013 tech bulletin/change:

upload_2020-11-10_22-55-23.png

upload_2020-11-10_22-54-24.png

-Z

Here is info for the DIN conversion kits:
upload_2020-11-11_0-48-26.png

-Z

I just got a DIN conversion kit I bought online for my Aqualung Titan >2010 but the kit is for the ACD. I installed it and everything fits like a zipper but I have diagrams and a few parts are different. I'm guessing it will work because everything fits and there's an o-ring on the end and in the inside to seal it.

Have you pressurized your reg set since doing the conversion?

The body of the current non-ACD Titan is the same part number as the body for the Titan LX ACD which was discontinued after 2014....that would explain why everything fit. It would be interesting to know if by doing the conversion to DIN if the kit also converted your reg to ACD.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom