Will original X-Vision be discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

audiotyro

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife has the corrective lenses for the "first-gen" X-vision and I just purchased a new mask for her. Old one got damaged. I had to wait a week to get it. I just overhead the people talking about "hoping to find the original" since they were only getting the mid. Then I saw X-visions on closeout in some websites. So are they going to be discontinued? I'd probably get one as back-up for my wife's lenses. thanks.

audiotyro:
My wife has the corrective lenses for the "first-gen" X-vision and I just purchased a new mask for her. Old one got damaged. I had to wait a week to get it. I just overhead the people talking about "hoping to find the original" since they were only getting the mid. Then I saw X-visions on closeout in some websites. So are they going to be discontinued? I'd probably get one as back-up for my wife's lenses. thanks.

I work for an Mares dealer and as far as I know there is no plan to discontinue the X-Vision - we just placed and received and order including X-Visions and X-Vision Mids and are waiting on the new X-Vision Liquidskin which we should have in the next week or so. There is no reason for Mares to discontinue the X-Vision in favor of the X-vision Mid since these do not fit the same divers, but the good news is that your wife's prescription lenses will fit any of the X-Vision masks (either the X-Vision, X-Vision Mid or X-Vision Liquidskin) since the skirts are all that is different. I would guess that the dealers you saw were clearing out X-Visions in anticipation of stocking the X-Vision Liquidskin which is more expensive. Many dealers will stock both.

Hi guys,

There is no plan to discontinue the XVision or Xvision Mid. Yes Hoyden is correct, the lenses will fit all of the X masks. You should have no trouble finding the original XVision as we have a mountain of them in a wide range of colors.

Best,

Back
Top Bottom