Will my regulator work with this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My regulator is a sherwood Magnum. I would like to keep my existing regulator because I have tanks that use it. (AL80s)

You'll just have to give the tank to me instead. I will trade you another Al.80 that will work just great with your existing reg. :)

In all seriousness, The HP120 is most likely DIN, unless it is very new and has one of the new convertible either/or valves. In that lucky case, you'll still want to be very careful connecting a yoke reg to it when you have it filled to full pressure, because it's very easy to blow an o-ring with yokes on HP tanks.

Best bet, seriously, is to convert your reg to DIN and use a yoke converter for your other tanks. Or sell the HP120 and buy a couple new Al.80s with the cash.

Bob3:
Gotta watch out with the "K" designation, all that means is that it does not have a built in reserve. DIN valves are "K", at least I haven't seen a "J" in DIN.
DIN are also available in HP & LP versions, with a screw in DIN to yoke converter being unable to seat in a HP valve.

Just an observation: here is a DIN “J” valve. Maybe technically speaking it is a DIN “J” manifold.

main.php

HP tanks have a DIN valve with 7 threads. You'll need a DIN connection on your regulator that's compatible (300 bar). To use your regulator on yoke-type valves, get a DIN to yoke adaptor. It's basically a yoke with a threaded socket that accepts the DIN fitting on the regulator. Make isn't important, but Scubapro makes a really nice one that swivels.

Yes, K valve, sorry... Early morning brain fart....

RobP:
HP tanks have a DIN valve with 7 threads. You'll need a DIN connection on your regulator that's compatible (300 bar). To use your regulator on yoke-type valves, get a DIN to yoke adaptor. It's basically a yoke with a threaded socket that accepts the DIN fitting on the regulator. Make isn't important, but Scubapro makes a really nice one that swivels.
DIN to Yoke adapters are fine for fills, but I would not want to dive with one.

CompuDude:
DIN to Yoke adapters are fine for fills, but I would not want to dive with one.

i've only done two dives with such an adapter. first dive, i had not tightened it enough and it losened on a giant stride. started hissing and letting out air all over
the place... fun fun ... thank God for all those "reach your valve" drills.

second dive went beautifully after i made sure both connections were tight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom