Will my fins fit a drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfrymus

Registered
Reaction score
I have a small/med pair of Cressi Frog Plus fins that fit a my semi-dry boot.

But I'm wondering if these same fins would fit on a drysuit?
Can I keep these fins, or would i need larger ones?

I just bought a new pair of fins, but i dont have either a drysuit or a wetsuit. But, I am debating on getting a drysuit soon, and using it more often than I would be with a wetsuit as ill be diving on the east coast of Canada.

Last edited:
Maybe. It really depends on what ends up on your feet in a drysuit. Something like rock boots would more than likely require a bigger fin foot pocket. Attached boot is hit or miss. Bootie over dry sock is the best bet.

I use the bootie over a dry sock, and while the fit is snug, I can use both (drysuit or wetsuit).

If I had to guess/bet, I would say no. It all depends on how close you are to the border between sizes. I have Hollis F1's for my dry suit and warm water configurations (though I'll probably sell the smaller F1's due to the weight making them undesirable for travel, though I absolutely love the fins themselves).

I was at my local dive shop yesterday...

I ordered a pair of semi-dry boots with my fins a while back (which im still waiting for).
And I was told that these boots would be perfectly fine for a drytsuit, as long as it fits over the drysuit sock.

Its a 6.5mm semi-dry boot, and he said that comparing it to the drysuit boot, not only will it be smaller, and more flexible, but also keep me warmer than the hard drysuit boots.

Insight on this?

I use wetboots over my drysocks. The boot is 2 sizes up from what I would use diving wet.

My fins are medium with a high foot cavity and I dont need new fins. However I am on the edge and very fortuante.

Hope you have some luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom