Will I be warm enough? Help please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tizzy

Registered
Reaction score
Planning on doing a dive day in the Florida Keys (April 2/05) before heading on a cruise. My question is, I know I will be comfortable in my Henderson Micropene full suit further south, but what about Key Largo? Coming from Canada the only other thing I have in a 7/5 mil. full suit with a 7 mil.core warmer. Don't really want to drag that with me for one dive day. So what do you think? Do I need to purchase something else? Are rentals available?
Thanks, Tizzy

If I were you I'd rent.
One could surmise that to this point in your diving career you've never found it necessary to purchase a wet suit that would give you the kind of thermal protection that one would require in the Keys.
I assume you won't be doing a great deal of diving in the Keys over the coming years.
$10 rental compared to a $250 purchase (or what ever cost you had in mind)????
Rent a suit and spend the difference on having a good time.

you'll be fine the water temp was 74 this weekend in Lauderdale so it will be warmer if you are in the keys. have fun!

I just got back from a week in Key Largo. I did all of my dives in a 3mil full suit with a 3mil undershirt. I was actually a little on the cool side with that on (even added a beanie for the last 2 days). Water temp was consistently 72 and I'm not sure how much it will change in a couple of weeks.

You don't need to spend 250 for a wetsuit. A 3 mm is my year round suit, and I picked mine up at World Watersports/Divers Direct for about $80. It beats renting, especially when you don't know who did what in that wetsuit......IOW, it isn't really sanitary to rent wetsuits, IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom