Will HID damage eyes??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidguy

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I read some time ago about HID light throwing out harmful UV light or something to that effect... can't find anything on search now. Is there truth to this or is it BS!?!?!
I just splurged on a UK LC100! :)

Who said that? Who's here? I can't see *@&!

Damn HID..

You gotta turn it OFF before you clip it to your right D-ring and get out of the water...

diving with one eye sux

K

But that reminds me of one of those kid movies with the bugs and a bug light.

What was it: No!!! stay away from the light

I can't its soooo purrrrdy!

Hallmac

Water is a wonderful filter/blocker of radiation, UV in particular. You can even weld underwater & stare at the arc w/o a shade, something that'd send you to the hospital if you did topside. A little lightbulb won't do anything as long as its underwater

Mo2vation once bubbled...
You gotta turn it OFF before you clip it to your right D-ring and get out of the water...

K

Or...add one more boltsnap just behind the lighthead so when you clip it off it the light dangles downward, blinding just the short people and small animals...:D

squidguy once bubbled...
I thought I read some time ago about HID light throwing out harmful UV light or something to that effect... can't find anything on search now. Is there truth to this or is it BS!?!?!
I just splurged on a UK LC100! :)

You aren't suppose to face it at yourself anyway bud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom