will dolphins kick *&%?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there is an episode of the Simpsons where the dolphins try to take back the land part of earth. they were pissed. it could still happen.

i remember reading some where or was it on tv but anyways dolphins are one of the few animals that kill for fun but ive never had a problem with them when surfing. they usually swim close and stop to take a look at you or even worse try and steal your wave! im waiting for the day when a dolphin yells out "locals only!"

Well the dolphins sure kicked the Bears @%% this week. Glad I didnt use advise given in scubaboard to make my fantasy football picks this week.

Grounded:
I think it is fair to say that the Bears will not have an unpleasant ecounter with the Dolphins..

Dolphins 31
Chicago 13

let's work on defining "unpleasant"

:14:

archman:
Now if you were a porpoise in UK waters, your *** would be grass if a pod of resident bottlenose spotted you. The evil uber-dolphins live in those waters.
:11: Bottlenose supremacists! I guess we're not so different after all.

Yeah dolphins can have a mean streak. I mean think about it, they repeatedly strike a shark in the side to kill it. Alright, thats defense, but just think, you take a bottlenose in the chest at 25 MPH at 100 ft. Think your gonna make it? Yeah, wild is wild, leave the beasties to their play.

I think a good signal to get out of the water is when a dolphin squawks loudly at you and makes big bubbles while coming at you at a right angle (e.g. head-on). It also isn't a good sign if one gives you a good view of its teeth.

Funny stuff. :) I didn't realize there were stories of dolphins biting people, though I suppose it makes sense if they're mating or feel their pod is invaded. I won't avoid dolphins in the future, but it's all good info to know.

Guess theres a reason why all the zoos Ive been to have signs saying;
"All the animals are dangerous"

Wouldnt imagine the dolphins to be that mean tho. But then again, that octopus with blue rings on it (not sure what the proper english name is) looks cute too..

There are reports of male dolphins attacking the "privates" of male human divers if in the presence of females (dolphin or human I believe).

Back
Top Bottom