Will an S120 fit in a S100 DC43 case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@dam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My S100 is acting up- the function button sticks, and when that happens underwater I can't even turn the camera on. I just get the clock. Is the S120 a decent upgrade? It looks to be the same form factor. I heard the S110 would work in the S100 case (mostly....I think the ring didn't work). Has anybody tried an S120?

Sure do wish they'd stop making minor changes requiring a brand new case!

Sure do wish they'd stop making minor changes requiring a brand new case!

If they did that, they'd make less money selling cases...

If I have to get a new case, I'll just find myself a used S100.

Without even knowing, I'd bet my $$ on 'no'.

Is the actual camera button sticking? Or the housing button? Housings can be fixed pretty easily DIY- cameras.... not so much.

Neither the 110 or the 120 will fit a 100 housing.

The Canon S100 can still be ordered from Amazon.com for $309.99 and is eligible for Amazon "Prime" - Free 2 Day Shipping. It can be ordered for as low as $288 + shipping if you don't want the order fulfilled by Amazon. I like the S100 and would just replace the camera. I have a Fisheye FIX housing for my S100 and based on the cost of the housing, I ordered a second S100 spare in the event the first one stops working.

If your housing is still good, I would consider replacing the bad S100 with another one. I don't know about the S120 but the S110 was just a minor incremental upgrade to the S100 and added WiFi (which I don't use) while removing the GPS (which I do use).

The Canon S100 can still be ordered from Amazon.com for $309.99 and is eligible for Amazon "Prime" - Free 2 Day Shipping. It can be ordered for as low as $288 + shipping if you don't want the order fulfilled by Amazon. I like the S100 and would just replace the camera. I have a Fisheye FIX housing for my S100 and based on the cost of the housing, I ordered a second S100 spare in the event the first one stops working.

If your housing is still good, I would consider replacing the bad S100 with another one. I don't know about the S120 but the S110 was just a minor incremental upgrade to the S100 and added WiFi (which I don't use) while removing the GPS (which I do use).

That would be good advice if you have an expensive metal housing, but if your housing is the plastic Canon and it's a couple of years old, I think you're better off getting the S120. I'm quite pleased with my S120 in the Ikelite housing.

Back
Top Bottom