WiFi accessibility at Sunset House

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamike16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I will be staying at Sunset House for a week in their newly renovated ocean view rooms in August.They have wifi, but was wondering if anyone has first hand experience with getting a signal inside the room?

Thanks,
Mike

I only have expreience with it at the bar. It tends to be spotty, but it should be better in the rooms.

Gotta love SB; two responses and two different answers:

We were there two weeks ago and had spotty connection in our room (garden view) and good connection at the bar.

We were using my wife's iPad, that tends to be touchy with weak signals.

Never tried it there but the website indicated concrete wall building is problematic with the wifi but it is available in the public area, as in my bar.

Thank you all for your responses and very good to know about the signal strength and an iPad which is what I am bringing with me. I will post my findings when I return.
Mike

Hello,

I just returned from a week at Sunset House and I thought I would report my WiFi findings.

The resort has good WiFi coverage outside the grounds and use various WiFi Routers starting with "Sunset1-9" and there is great coverage at MyBar (SSID MyBar). I stayed in the 400 section and had decent WiFi coverage inside my room. My iPhone 4S picked up 1-2 WiFi Bars while my iPad 2 had 1 bar and seemed to be a bite more sensitive with the signal.

Hope this helps
M

Back
Top Bottom