WiFi reliability on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PClark

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Similar to a previous thread about WiFi reliability but at a different resort, we will be staying at Sunscape Resort in a few weeks and are really looking forward to the diving and the resort itself looks great. Unfortunately, if my son joins he would have to spend a significant amount of time on-line for remote work and is questioning the reliability of WiFi service. It would be impractical to be in zoom meetings that keep dropping out.

I have confirmed that the resort does have WiFi access in the rooms, but would like to hear about anyone's experiences with consistent connectivity. I heard something about portable routers that can boost signal reception, is this something that could help.

Why not hotspot from his cellular?

Why not hotspot from his cellular?
OK, I haven't used that feature in my phone but will keep it as an option if wifi is an issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

we stayed at Sunscape in Nov-Dec... had no real issues with the wifi in the rooms. We weren't working online, but could stream videos, upload pics, surf online etc.. It rained quite a bit the week that we were there, so we were online.more than we would have been.

we stayed at Sunscape in Nov-Dec... had no real issues with the wifi in the rooms. We weren't working online, but could stream videos, upload pics, surf online etc.. It rained quite a bit the week that we were there, so we were online.more than we would have been.

Thanks for the feedback, I think we should be ok. Sorry that you had a lot of rain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom