Wife wants quick release on harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Roak ... it seems the harness isn't adjusted properly. My wife and I never have problems doffing the BP/wings, it pretty much just slides off the shoulders/arms once the crotch and waist strap is undone. From my understanding the harness isn't supposed to be so tight that you can't get it off easily ... you should be able to put two fingers in the shoulder straps easily with it on and fully adjusted. Never had to do the chicken-wing thing .... sounds like it would be amusing to watch though :wink:

My wife and I went diving during the weekend. We did 4 dives together. She was using a Halcyon Pioneer. During the first 2 dives, she found it difficult to don with a weight belt. She needed 6 lbs of weight additional. I'll get her the ACB for this...anyway, she also found it difficult to get off the gear before climbing up the boat ladder. On the 3rd and 4th dives, however, she felt comfortable donning it and getting off. Yes, chicken style, by inserting her left hand through the left strap. She was so happy with the BP/wing and she felt that the QR wasn't necessary. Thanks to all the suggestions, this officially ends the discussion on having QR's on my wife's harness.

Best,
Hory

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom