Wife certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, my wife decided to go for her OW this summer and now dives with me and the boys. She is fascinated by the underwater world now and every time we begin to discuss taking a trip somewhere, her first question is "How's the diving there?"

So, are you good with this? Having a hard time deciphering your post. Are you glad that she'll be sharing in your sport?
I can tell you that for my husband and I, it's a wonderful way to enjoy a vacation. In fact, it's what brought us together when we first met. I was an OW diver and he was an instructor. I had decided, after dating a guy who was afraid to travel to Africa with me, that my next boyfriend would be more adventurous. No more non-diving, non-horsey guys.

I for one am partially jealous. My wife cannot dive, but is a great non-diver in that she will go anywhere I want to dive, and she will just hang out.

I dive often (not as much now) with my youngest, about 65 dives, but she is now in college with a boyfriend. BUT, he is a diver, and it appears they would join me... as long as I pick up the tab. Well, take the good with the bad.

Enjoy your family diving. CAn't tell you how much I love diving with my daughter.

Terry

---------- Post added October 9th, 2013 at 05:58 PM ----------

In fact, it's what brought us together when we first met.
I was an OW diver and he was an instructor. I had decided, after dating a guy who was afraid to travel to Africa with me, that my next boyfriend would be more adventurous. No more non-diving, non-horsey guys.

Been married 29 years. Not changing the lineup at this point. As the vows say, for better or for worse. I am an adventurer, and have a significant other that will endure and humor me, to the point of traveling with me to the "wild" places. As long as the have a pool and poolside service.

Terry

Well, my wife decided to go for her OW this summer and now dives with me and the boys. She is fascinated by the underwater world now and every time we begin to discuss taking a trip somewhere, her first question is "How's the diving there?"

In some ways I envy you. I can never take diving holidays with my wife because there's just no way she's ever going to become a diver.

On the other hand, it also means that she isn't going to buy 10 different pairs of flippers on various colours so she can pick ones to use that suit her mood.... which means I have more money to go on diving holidays with the boys. :)

R..

I am happy for you. My wife does not dive, does not really like water. She goes on some of my trips but stays dry. She is a wonderful woman though and understands my love of the sport. We take separate vacations, she goes to Alaska to visit her son and I go diving. It works out well but it would be better if she was able to enjoy the sport as I do.

Edit

I would be remiss if I did not mention that my wife has pretty severe asthma that is exercise induced. Not a good situation.

Last edited:
So, are you good with this? Having a hard time deciphering your post. Are you glad that she'll be sharing in your sport?
I can tell you that for my husband and I, it's a wonderful way to enjoy a vacation. In fact, it's what brought us together when we first met. I was an OW diver and he was an instructor. I had decided, after dating a guy who was afraid to travel to Africa with me, that my next boyfriend would be more adventurous. No more non-diving, non-horsey guys.

Oh snap. you know, after 10 years on this board together it just dawned on me for the first time that you're a woman. I never realized that before just now.

R..

Diving and dive gear have just gotten more expensive. But everything else is going to be much better. Consider yourself lucky.

My husband and I both got certified before our wedding and planned our honeymoon as a dive vacation - we have been diving together for 24 years now. It give us a great adventure in common which is good for our relationship. A number of men tell my husband he is lucky to have a wife that dives, so I know many men wish they could share this experience with their wives. So I think it's great that your wife dives - shared adventures and memories are great for couples and there are less disagreements on where to go on vacation.

My GF and I got certified together while we were dating.

All of our vacations during the past 9 years have been scuba vacations (Florida Keys, Hawaii, Cozumel, Roatan, Bahamas, Australia, Cayman Islands, etc.).

We're getting married in December with an underwater ceremony on Grand Turk.

Can't even imagine a dive trip without my wife/buddy. Every dive in our log books was done together. Dive trips are the most relaxed, stress-free part of our lives, and the times when we best get along with each other.

Back
Top Bottom