Widow sues medical doctor and training company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NP, PCP: very interesting. Please be advise that non americans are reading this. I do not understand your abbreviations Thanks for Clarifying. Merci :)

NP, PCP: very interesting. Please be advise that non americans are reading this. I do not understand your abbreviations Thanks for Clarifying. Merci :)
:D NP Nurse Practitioner. In my case a Family Nurse Practitioner (fnp).PCP Primary Care Provider. Could be a medical doctor, a doctor of osteopathy, a nurse practioner or physician assistant.

Nurse Practitioner.

Primary Care Physician.

At least that's what I assume she's referring to.

got it. Thank you for clarifying. Very interesting that a nurse could do fitness, releases and return to duty forms. Cannot imagine this in our country. regards

got it. Thank you for clarifying. Very interesting that a nurse could do fitness, releases and return to duty forms. Cannot imagine this in our country. regards
Then you might also find this interesting.

Nurse Practitioner Ranks Among Best Jobs of 2016

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/464663_2

It started as an effort to provide healthcare in underserved areas. Since we start with a nursing background we historically approach medical care from a more holistic and wellness approach then the traditional medical model. But the pressures of government and insurance requirements are blurring these lines.

Not only do I do fitness, releases and return to duty. I diagnosis, treat, prescribe, read xrays, suture wounds, splint fractures...even manage the odd myocardial infarction if thats what walks into the urgent care where I have worked for more then 17 years, the longest of any provider there.

Last edited:
NP is an 8 year degree program of study. They don't eat the elephant in one bite, usually. They get their BSN, then an MSN, then NP. They were nurses like you think of, but then they got way more education. They typically do not complete an internship or residency, they don't need it. They understand patient care.

I was an EMT, then ICU nurse, then cardiac and finally home health and Hospice before I returned for my NP.

NP is an 8 year degree program of study. They don't eat the elephant in one bite, usually. They get their BSN, then an MSN, then NP. They were nurses like you think of, but then they got way more education. They typically do not complete an internship or residency, they don't need it. They understand patient care.
That's pretty close. The more typical is 6 to 7 and a masters degree was not required until the late 90's I believe. Now a Masters is part of the Nurse Practitioner program.

That's pretty close. The more typical is 6 to 7 and a masters degree was not required until the late 90's I believe. Now a Masters is part of the Nurse Practitioner program.
There are many things I am not an expert at. Nursing is one of them. I thought there were still 2 year RNs until I was soundly corrected by a nurse friend.

There are many things I am not an expert at. Nursing is one of them. I thought there were still 2 year RNs until I was soundly corrected by a nurse friend.
Its been a few years so had to check but looks like one of my many alma maters still has their 2 year RN program. So you know even more then you thought!

Nursing | Wytheville Community College

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom