Widolf full face mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uwe

New
Reaction score
Hello all,

There is a somewhat rare full face mask made by a company called Widolf (patents purchased by Divematics but apparently originally made by someone named Phil Widolf). I'm looking for a used 80s or 90s Widolf full face mask setup for open circuit (OC). They come in various setups, but apparently aren't mass produced. One hit eBay, it was to be mine, however I got sniped in the last 3 seconds.

I do not need one with the DSV/BOV (a gas switch for rebreather use).

If you know of one for sale, I am interested in hearing about it. They seem to be a bit more rare than I originally imagined. New ones are out of my price range, considering the limited use / project I have in mind. But I wouldn't mind picking up a used one.

It is a piece of kit that I fancy. I realize there are alternatives that are more easily reached, but what is the fun in that?

Two models are the DR-600 (Rebreather setup) and DF-500 I believe ("F" for free flow perhaps). I'm not sure if the main use is rec-tech, or if they are marketed commercial. Perhaps they aren't marketed at all. *shrug*

Thanks in advance!

Hallo Uwe :D

Tracy Robinette is a close friend of mine, I visit him in his shop quite regularly.
His website is http://www.divenet.com/divematics/
He's in Texas his week, send him an e-mail. And make sure the subject line says
Widolf as he gets spammed quite a bit. Give him a few days to catch up on all
the calls and mails.

He has lots of FFMs of various vintage. Maybe he'll let go of one, or knows someone
who will. :wink:

I fool with old bandmasks and look for them a lot on the internet. You are right, Widolfs are scarce, but I have seen about 6 come and go on ebay in the past 2-3 years. I believe I was watching the last auction you mentioned. There is something about the Widolf that appeals to me. Most of the Widolfs I have seen came from the Louisiana and Texas area. I suppose they were used in the Gulf for commercial diving. I may know somebody with one and if I can find his card I will PM you the info. I was going to trade a General Aquadyne DM 7 for a Widolf he had, but ended up not doing it as someone else wanted it worse than he did. I believe his needed a little work also.

Thanks to both of you! I will drop Tracy an email. James - interesting! I was actually thinking that the Widolf's didn't say Widolf on them, and thus people wouldn't be able to identify them if selling surplus. Evidentially they do indeed have it printed in the middle of the upper part of the lens mount, as seen in that previous feeBay auction.

But yea, I don't know what it is but they seem cooler than all the others! Perhaps it's the industrial looking screws and square cuts.

They are massive masks, due to the extremely wide face seal quite comfortable.
Definitely have a commercial quality to them, not unlike KMDSI commercial gear.
Tried to attach a couple of pics, but that doesn't work any better than the
gallery. If you want them PM me your e-mail adress.

Finally the picture attachment works again. :D
An old Widolf and masks of various vintage at Divematics USA. :wink:

They do say Widolf on the masks strange how I just searched this. I have a Widolf mask that is in great condition. My brother was a diver and passed away last october and I have been going through his things and have come across this item. I am not sure which model it is. Let me know if you are still interested

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom