Wide angle shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XJae

Club Web Master
Reaction score
I finally had a chance to put a S&S 16m on my Sony P10.
I couldn't be happier with the results.

Here's a few...

DSC00414e.JPE
DSC00422e.JPE
DSC00469e.JPE
DSC00472e.JPE

The entire album is on the new Wreck Valley Divers site. (under construction)
Dutch Springs Inaugural Dive

Although it is fully automatic, the main reason I like the P10 is its small size.
However, the S&S 16m lens is huge and weighs just as much as the camera with the housing.

I'm green with envy for the visability ya'll have!

I think, in general, the zebra mussels have been slowly increasing the vis.

For the first half of these shots we were the first ones in the water, on a friday, on the one of the coldest days.
Maybe a half a dozen other divers showed the whole day.

In this shot...
DSC00412e.JPE

...what looks like sand is actually fine silt.

Come the next morning, Saturday, much of it is kicked up by 8:30.

We don't have zebra mussels, I almost wish we did! And we also have that fine powder-type silt. We have quite a bit of grass that grows down to around 30ft or the thermocline. Below that it's really silty.

Our viz isn't bad if you dive during the week but within just a few hours the rototillers have trashed the viz. Alot of folks blame the students but that's not fair. Students surface swim to the platform bouys and descend down a line. They return the same way. With the exception of 1 tour dive, they don't get anywhere near the bottom to stir it up!

We have some grass too…
DSC00530e.JPE

…there’s a small grass covered mountain in the 10 to 30 foot range, pretty much in the middle of the quarry. It’s a nice ~30 foot dive going around it. There’s seems to be more fish around there. If you start flipping rocks, they’ll follow you, knowing you’ll uncover some crayfish.

I couldn’t agree more with you about the students. I do think it’s the more recently certified divers who are the main culprits though, the ones I see standing on the bottom anyway. Although, I’ve have seen many a seasoned diver kick it up. I think most of them are use to sand and currents and don’t realize you can billow a giant cloud from 15 feet away.

When I shoot some of the other sites and re-shoot some of these it will most definitely be when nobody else is there.
Hmmm, maybe in the dead calm of winter.

Now that's is cool! Our lake will look like that in a couple of months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom